MutteringfoolDotCom
 
by Suzy Smith since 2000.
Tuesday, January 05, 2010
Old Friend...
Recently I found an old high school friend of mine through her comic website (and it is amazing but, I'll post a link another day.) She is someone who I was very tight with my Junior year and then our friendship fell apart mainly through a misunderstanding but, also because we were going in different directions in live.

We ran into one another once or twice over the years, talked for a minute then headed off in our own directions. 15 years and just a couple of times.

I don't know what possessed me to search for her maiden and married name that night or how I remembered her middle initial after all these years but it worked, then I posted her a message through her site, forgetting to put in my own email. Luckily, I am fairly easy to track by my maiden name on facebook and myspace. Any place else and well, I'm pretty much only findable by my married name and she didn't know that at the time.

We have been having a great email conversation back and forth for a couple months, in fact it is my turn to write back. I love reading about her life and learning that while it seemed we were heading in opposite directions, we both ended up on the same path, married long term to one partner, no children of our own, she writes and draws her a comic, I write. We both wonder why teachers weren't more honest that most of us who not improve our life all that much from our parents, no matter how hard we tried.

And, we have just connected again. I hope that eventually we'll see one another in person again, if only once in awhile. Her, and her husband, were fantastic friends and I think they'd all get along with my husband in a grand manner.

She, let's call her M, is in contact with one other friend of ours from high school, B. From what she's told me he hasn't changed at all, single, fun loving guy that he always was, I'd love to get in contact with him as well.


***********************************************************************************

When I first started looking for her that night, I thought that maybe I was just looking to go back into the past as if it was better than my life is now. That isn't it though, while I loved the times with my friends in high school, in the batmobile or driving this or that, in the corn fields, the construction sites, the old cleaned up dump, skinny dipping at the private beach.

There are so many memories that really are fabulous ones. I love having those memories, yet, our conversations focus on the here and now more than anything. I like that as I do have other friendships that focus entirely too much on the past, instead of looking to the future.

And, now my future says it is too early to be awake. Have a great day....
posted by Suzy @ 6:07 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 


About Me

Name: Suzy
Home: Virginia, United States
About Me:
See my complete profile
Previous Post
A Little Bite..

MutteringFooldotCom began in 2000, prior to that it existed in another form on Geocities.com

Links